Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kiddieland


Kiddieland in my generations Riverview and it is gone and while I still have unbelievable memories I am so sad that my girls will never experience it. I remember one time going on the Little Dipper 13 times in a row. True story my brother was with me. My grandma would buy a ticket to sit and read in front of the arcade and we went wild. It felt like we owned that park. There was so much to do and it was big and fun and you could run at will yet it was small enough not to be frightening to a youngster. The Little Dipper is now at Great America so in some small way the girls will get a taste but it is not the same. What will their Kiddieland be? Great America? That kind of makes me sad also because Great America was always a special treat. A once a year shot. The park is huge things get expensive it's a bit more of a drive...yadda yadda yadda. All that aside as cool as Great America is; Great America has got nothing on a park with the essence of a Kiddieland or a Riverview.
















2 comments:

  1. I've given you an award! You can stop by my blog to pick it up! :D
    Random Thoughts By Danni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiddieland!!!!!!!!I was so sad when they closed that for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete