Monday, June 13, 2011

Mom and the Frat Boys

This past weekend my mom and I took the girls to visit grandma and grandpa. Coming home we were stopped on highway 57 for about an hour. There was a flipped over car about a mile ahead. I have been stopped in traffic but this was a first. People were walking up and down the highway making friends and passing word along. We were lucky enough to have been stopped near a highway patrol officer that just got off work who was giving us a play by play. We were also fortunate it was only an hour and that the weather was so great. It turned a negative situation into a slightly festive one. I felt like I was tailgating in fact we started joking with these college kids and a lady from Georgia. There was a softball team that was late for the game and other kids being bounced on the side of the road. Not one person seemed angry or hostile it was a very jovial experience. My girls were amazing! Nessa fussed only for a bit and Maise sat there singing and chatting the whole time. Maise gets extra points because minutes before we came to a stop I promised her milk and we were out. Check out our highway 57 party!






Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment