Friday, July 22, 2011

So Tasty!

This week I have decided to put my foot down and stop paying so much for my morning ritual of an Iced Mocha.  Actually, it wasn't the cost that sent me over the edge as it was a) dealing with the "momo's" at the McDonalds on the corner, b) the fact that on my commute there was no convenient drive thru, and c) I freaking LOVE these things and drink them so fast that I always want more. Since they are over $3.00 a pop it can be a very costly habit. So I researched how to make them at home...or at least something like them. I think I came pretty close. I like them but had to play around a few times to get it right. I felt like a mad scientist in a coffee lab!  


So this is what I came up with:

Supplies:
A glass - Got to serve it in a glass makes it colder and better...just my opinion!
A container with lid - I used a plastic to go container, you could always get a real shaker but I went with what was on hand.
Milk
Iced
Chocolate Syrup
Instant Coffee (I used General Foods international Suisse Mocha Cafe)
Whip Cream
Straw

First heat the water about a cup and pour in shaking container
Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of instant coffee and stir with spoon till dissolved
Add about a cup of milk and Add 5-6 ice cubes
Seal container and shake it up till the ice is melted
Drizzle the chocolate sauce in the bottom of glass
Pour mixture
Top with whip cream
Add straw
And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment