Sunday, May 22, 2011

From A to Z in 10 seconds

So I bet that Nessa would be crawling in two weeks...while the video may not be traditional crawling let's give this girl some credit. I have been waiting for this shot and I am glad to finally be able to share. She has done the "standard" crawl a few times but likes the "snake" much better.  I really doubt we will see her ever doing an "army" crawl. While she still only stands strait when on furniture she does really try to pop up from a seated position to standing...and she almost has it! Nessa did catch a bit of what Maise had; it makes me sad having my 8 month old cough. But she loves her baby fever reducer (yum, grape) so we are on the road to recovery

Nessa lost two earring backs this week and one about a month ago, in all this time that has never happened with Maise. So I am on a hunt for some earring that can survive Miss Nessa. I don't think hoops are cool for a baby but there were these latch things my mom had for me that I think I will look for.

Maise - Maise is so crazy but she really is a help. She is very comforting towards her sick baby sister and has been a great bed side nurse. With Maise only getting over the virus herself she has still been a little off. This weekend she was able to attend her big cousins’ college graduation party and was a peach for the most part but got a little tantrumy (if it is not a word it is now). You got to LOVE when the kids act up in public. Maise is so funny! This week she took a trip with Grandma Janet and Nessa to McDonalds and made a friend. Her friend stopped playing and sat down to eat. Maise came out of the play tubes looking around like where's my pal? When she spotted her new buddy eating with her dad Maise went to the table and said "You eating with your daddy?"...but as Grandma explained she said it in a tone like seriously you are gonna eat? now? while we are playing?...That is so my kid!

For the most part both of my kids are very social and don't mind being passed around. I love that but realize that I don't want them to comfortable with real strangers. Both will clam up a tiny bit when we first get someplace but then accept their surroundings but I feel they are both very high in the levels of social skills for their age.

Speaking of social skills (kinda) I would just like to announce that we have offically booked the Golf Course for Vanessa's big 1 Year Birthday Bash.

SAVE THE DATE - September 9th!

It's gonna be a hippie chic themed party and will be off the charts!
Face painting - tie dye - food - drinks...and I am not crazy, it is not early it is just over 3 months to plan.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love her version of crawling, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it is pretty cool. Never seen that style. Seems like she has my creative flare already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great crawler!:) glad I found your blog through my late a-z rounds. :)
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete