Monday, January 31, 2011

Say It's Not So

It's a dark day for mom and dad when their daughters musically stray from them...We have always been advocates for freedom of expression and music. We like all types of music and have and will continue to offer a variety to our children. Who knew that we would already have a problem with our daughters taste in music at such an early age? We hang our heads shaking in disbelief as we present Maise's video of the week:

Yes that is correct Katy Perry! Oh there is so much wrong with this video, where do I begin? Other than the fact that it is garbage pop, our dear girl can't even act well enough for a Sesame Street clip nor does she have the sense to dress appropriately for the occasion. I am all about artistic expression but I also have common sense. And this goofball does not, we want our kids to be kids why does "the sexy" have to be part of "dress up"? Elmo is not off the hook in this one either. Notice how he is playing hard to get when it comes to what Katy wants to play "dress up", how many other episodes was it actually Elmo crying just because someone did not want to play his game. I don't really like the begging and teasing. Hum, sounds like the ramblings of a poor parent that has been over exposed to Elmo.
On a lighter Sesame Street note party plans are coming along quite nicely for Maise's 2nd birthday. The girls’ outfits for their 6 month and 2 year photos have been picked out and ordered. It will be an Elmo themed photo shoot. I can't wait to see Vanessa's outfit (currently being custom made for my sweetie). The invites are ready to roll (sneak peek above), decoration and supplies are in order, the menu has been chosen and the guest list has been finalized. I love planning parties even if they are just going to be a small get together. For the 2nd birthday we will have a tiny gathering at our house but the party planner in me is just nuts for the little details. But you will have to wait to see! Maise has figured out how to use our camera. She has been picking it up and saying cheese and acting out the motions but she has got the whole concept down now. She loves the flash and the picture on the screen after she snaps. She totally knows she took the picture herself. Check out a few of my jr. photographers first photos:
  
                                                                    
This weeks project is to weed out the closet again. Vanessa is pushing her way right on to the 6-9 months sizes so it's time to make a new bag of donations. I am very grateful to be able to use all Maise's clothes again. It is wild even after two girls back to back there are some items that still don't get used. But we are trying. Maise is still doing good for the most part in her 18 month stuff but some items are ready to get boxed up for Nessa. In fashion we also have Maise sporting a new item. We are wearing underpants! That is right our potty training is coming along, Maise is not fully there yet but we are closer everyday. She wears them at night and all weekend. The first few days we had tons of accidents but she is starting to give us enough advanced warning now. She is a prankster and will tell us she has to go and then fake it. But that is ok "toddler steps". Side note; while we are talking potty, I learned that Fiber Pop Tarts really do the trick on a toddler. My poor sitter! Maise was backed up I thought it would help, lol, oh boy did it help. I heard that kid farting from two rooms away.                                           And let's not forget to mention that this week we get to document in the baby books two very interesting facts. One for each of my darling angels; Maise dropped the F bomb at day care and Vanessa stole a squeaky elephant from the YMCA. Note to self...change blog title to HOW TO RAISE A DEVIANT, lol. Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. WOW very disappointed in that video! Seriously why would they even make a video like that I mean nothing wrong with katy perry doing it but put some more clothes on at least!!!

    Maise is soooo darn cute!! I can not believe she is going to be 2 already! I remember when you announced you were preggo with her!!

    Vanessa what a cutie! Getting soooo big! Abigail is doing alot of what Vanessa is doing now! They grow up so quickly :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, you kids are deviants in training, so funny! I didn't know they made fiber poptarts, I might have to try those! I'm sorry that you precious little girl likes Katy Perry, she's still young there's hope! I remember the controversy that video caused! check out The Letter T Song, by The Plain White Tee's, that's the one my boys really like (I like it too).

    ReplyDelete