Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sometimes your kids just have to know where you draw the line

On the spot tricks in parenting are wonderful, they can make you feel so clever. I may not be noted in the books for this trick but it has worked…so far. We have a console tv in the play room and it has been nearly impossible to keep Ms. Maise from being on the screen while watching her favorite shows. Well yesterday I had what I am calling a “stroke of genius” and I laid down the line, literally with tape away from the tv. She tested it once but then I told her “NO TV if she passes the line” and she then sat there like a perfect angel for the rest of her show. Score mommy!


On a bonus note how adorable is this? Maise got up on the rocking chair all by herself and was so proud, even after she got down. She came down slowly and placed one foot at a time on the floor and looked up and proclaimed “I DID IT”! She is so smart.

                      
Lets not forget to mention that Vanessa apparently has feet. Look she can even play with them. She’s so bendy!


1 comment:

  1. You have a blog now, super cool and it's sooo cute. That tape idea is a good one!

    ReplyDelete