Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow, Snow, and Corn Starch?

The Blizzard of 2011! Our girls experienced their first severe weather event. How crazy was that storm? We were very lucky to all get to stay home together as a family the first two days. It was amazing sharing pictures with all our friends and family online all day, it really was a community effort. Joe got out early to clear some paths we could not wait to see the girls react to the snow. Maise loved it! Last year she seemed to like it but this year she was able to play and jump and get her hands cold and wet. Vanessa was not to thrilled but I bet next year she will be more into it. Maybe she would have liked it more if I didn't dress her like the poor kid from Christmas Story!


Maise and Joe lasted a lot longer out in the frozen tundra than Nessa and I. While the two of us were back inside getting nice and warm Daddy and Maise were sliding down the many alley slops. Classic Joe with no hat but look if you look closely you will see that he is wearing gloves.


Lesson # 476 in raising a toddler: NEVER trust a quiet toddler. It was just a few minutes of quiet and my mother and I were very relaxed as Nessa laid there finally asleep in my arms. I got up to try and put her down for her nap and as I walked into my room I found a corn starch covered Maise atop her changing table having the time of her life. She didn't get in trouble as this was ALL my fault, but it was kinda funny. I don't think I have ever seen my mother laugh so hard in her life. There was corn starch everywhere; in the closet, on the walls, the floor, her body, her clothes, the back of the changing table, my bed...need I continue? Oh Maisley!


My poor poor Nessa is starting to get some teeth. She turns 5 months this week and that is only a month away from when Masie got hers. She is having a hard time sleeping and is always chewing her arm. When you try and snuggle and hold her she will even try to eat you. It's so funny when she is close up, she looks like a very hungry fish just smacking her mouth and thrashing around. She will kind of use teethers but not really, I keep checking to see if they are popping yet but still no visual. I sure will miss that toothless smile.


Wrapping up the week please enjoy our video of Maise the Amazingly Talented Spinning Wonder Girl!



Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment