Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dumpty Dumpty

Just shy of a year and Nessa has taken her 1st unassisted steps. While Joe was on the east coast experiencing the natural wonder of Hurricane Irene I was sitting on the floor in my front room watching a natural wonder of my own. Nessa has been doing great cruising furniture and pushing her buggy but those first unassisted steps are so exciting. We were playing and Maise and I started to tell Nessa “Come to Maise and mommy” and she did. What a big girl!

Maise's new favorite song is "Dumpy Dumpty" Humpty Dumpty to the lay man. She memorized it in a day and is as obsessed with it. It is amazing how quickly she learns; granted she watched and listened 50+ times in that day but she got it!

I have witnessed a lot of emotional transfer in Maise play lately. It is so fascinating seeing her using compassion and discipline with her baby dolls. Her imagination is incredible but you can also see how easily influenced she is. She has been watching Elmo in Grouchland this week and requests it by Elmo Blanket Back! One day last week she asked for her blanket back when we were getting loaded into the van. She has never had a blankie or lovey so I found that to be very interesting! She has also been commenting to me and Joe, “Good Idea!” which I finally realized she got from her Maisy Mouse books. So funny!

This weekend I organized the supplies for Nessa's big birthday bash next week. I also got the treat bags ready and we are just about to rock! There are a few last minute items to get but that will be done this week. I am very excited to enjoy the day with our family and friends. I just hope that I get to mix and mingle with all the activities I have planned. I will for sure post pictures after the party.

Next week I won’t be posting until Thursday with a very awesome Vanessa Pants Parylak Collage! I have been waiting a whole year to share this so I can’t wait!!

Have a great week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment