Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Maise Jae Started Ballet!

Wow she took right to it! What a natural..she reminds me of me! So I finally found a class that starts at 21/2. It was actually very hard to find most places won't start till 3 but I was determined. She started at Kaleidoscope Dance & Movement Center in Skokie, Illinois. The program runs the length of the school year which is awesome because then she can play a summer sport. The classes will be on Saturday mornings and she will even be in a ballet recital this May. I AM SO EXCITED!

It was funny a few days before we almost decided against signing her up because Joe was nervous she would be behind (technically the other kids had a month and a half jump on her). But I reassured him it was just toddler ballet and that we should not have a problem. His nerves were completely calmed when he got to peek through the widow at the studio and saw what toddler ballet is actually all about! The class is actually titled Fairytale Ballet, there were 4 or 5 other girls and 1 boy. They were all beyond adorable!

Maise cracked me up the whole beginning of the class. One of the reasons I wanted her to begin was so that she could learn in a group setting to take direction. So I was very eager to watch the process. She actually listened very well but still did some things to the beat of her own drum. For example the class was in a circle doing their warm ups...I repeat the class was in the circle but Maise decided it was better to be parallel to the mirror so she could watch all her own moves up close and personal. It really was a riot, she did what the teacher wanted but just preferred watching herself. Ha but who doesn't?

This was a wonderful first for the family! I was so happy to get Maise started in a class, and Joe was happy he was able to go with for the first day, Nessa was just happy to be there, and Maise was so darn happy she slept in her shoes the night before. She is already asking to go back to dance!


Have a great week!




2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This was seriously such a happy day! I hope she loves it for a really long time! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete